Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

An Unlucky Time?


Here we are, sandwiched in between Friday the 13th and the Ides of March on the 15th. If you have a fear of the number 13, you have triskaidekaphobia! On March 15th in 44 B.C., Julius Caesar had a particularly crummy day. Getting assassinated sucks. March is my least favorite month, with the exception of St. Patrick's Day. It does seem to have bad connotations for me and my family. I often find myself stressed or bummed out at this time of year, with everything and everyone around me seemingly in an uproar. Then it dawned on me today - a pretty decent day allowing for a sorely needed moment of clarity. If I deserve better than some unfairness that has befallen me, then I must be good enough to be above the hurt feelings, petty nonsense and the need to win 100% of the time. After a bumpy 13th, I just let it go on the 14th, like flipping a switch, and it feels like a weight off my shoulders. Break the negative cycle or let it continue without you. If we don't think we deserve to be happy - lucky month or not - who will?

No comments:



Blog Archive